Advance the European Commission’s strategy for Smart, Green and Integrated Transport and Logistics by
- efficiently interconnecting infrastructure (TEN-T, Rail-Freight Corridors) with geopolitical developments (e.g. future New Silk Road and emerging trade routes),
- optimising the use of current & emerging transport modes and technological solutions,
- ensuring equitable inclusivity of all participants
- increasing the prosperity of nations,
- preserving the environment,
- enhancing Citizens quality of life.
The realization of this vision is what PLANET calls the Integrated Green EU-Global T&L Network (EGTN).
PLANET addresses the challenges of assessing the impact of emerging global trade corridors on the TEN-T network and ensuring effective integration of the European to the Global Network by focusing in two key R&D pillars:
- A Geo-economics approach, modelling and specifying the dynamics of new trade routes and their impacts on logistics infrastructure & operations, with specific reference to TEN-T;
- An EU-Global network enablement through disruptive concepts and technologies (IoT, Blockchain and PI, 5G, 3D printing, autonomous vehicles /automation, hyperloop) which can shape its future and address its shortcomings, aligned to the DTLF concept of a federated network of T&L platforms.
For more information, visit the project website
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Grant Agreement No. 860274